Thus, who aren't touch their devices like rooting and may only update via Kies. You can follow the official support page from Samsung on how to get this update http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQ
Manually Update using the original stock ROM I777UCLCK3 4.0.4 or I777UCDMD8 4.1.2
Just grab the neceessary files below and read the simple step by step procedure. This has been also useful method for those who needs to fully unroot their phone and restore back to official firmware.
- Makes sure the battery is fully charge
- Back-up all important files stored from the device
Odin Flasher Odin3_v1.85
USB Driver: Download
Stock 4.1.2 Firmware -ATT_I777UCMD8_I777ATTMD8 Download last update!
Stock 4.0.4 Firmware -ATT_ I777UCLK3_I777ATTLK3 Download
- Extract or unzip the contents of the zip file in your computer or laptop
- Run Odin
- Now Enter the device into Download Mode:
With the phone powered off, plug in the usb cable while holding the vol up + vol down buttons (but not the power button).
- When the warning screen appears, press Volume up to continue into download mode.
- In Odin, the small edit box in the upper left corner will turn yellow, and say something like [0:COM8]. The number could be different.
- Click on PDA button the load the I777UCLK3_I777ATTLK3_I777UCLK3_HOME.tar.md5
- Click Odin's "Start" button.
- Watch the progress bar advance in green while the message box in the lower area describes the steps.
- When the flash is finished, the top left larger edit box will turn green and say PASS! and your phone will automatically reboot.
- Unplug the usb cable from you phone after it boots up.
- Success. You're Bone Stock.
If your phone enters a bootloop, enter into recovery mode and perform a wipe data/factory reset.