Okay, here's the procedure on how to manually upgrade the Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread using the stock ROM S5830XXKPP. This is a bit risky on some part for beginners, but since most of us knows that Kies will sometimes messed up like stuck in the middle hanging while updating.
That is why Odin is very useful if using Kies while updating but failed. By the way, this Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread is not yet been available for all Galaxy Ace on some countries except in Russia for they got this already as released by Samsung Kies firmware update server. So, anyone who prepares an English (UK and US) and European languages can use this ROM.
Heres' what you need:
Download the stock ROM S5830XXKPP
Android Version: 2.3.6 Gingerbread
Build date: 2011 October
stock ROM SER_S5830XXKPP_S5830SERKPP
Grab the ODIN Multi Downloader v4.38 and OPS File: Cooper_v1.0.ops
Samsung Galaxy Ace Odin flashing Android 2.3.6 S5830XXKPP
- Make sure you are running Windows on your PC with USB driver installed or have Kies installed.
A USB cable wire of your device, a good working USB serial port, sometimes the connection issues occurs because of a bad USB port of your PC and the USB cable.
- Make a back up copy of all important files stored on your phone, the file is a none wipe but it is better to have an extra precautions if something went wrong.
- Disable any antivirus and Kies installed, this program might also interrupt Odin while in flashing process.
1. Once you've already downloaded the S5830XXKPP stock ROM, extract it using winrar, winzip, 7zip or any rar file extractor program you have. Then you in the folder you can see the file
and the other file which we don't need this 'SS_DL.dll'.
2. Extract and run also the Odin v4.38 on your desktop.
3. On ODIN clickt the OPS button and load the Cooper_v1.0.ops file on it.
4. Hit the One packaged in the checkboxes options (the Auto reboot and protect OPS remain checked,
then at the lower part of Odin click on the One Packaged button then select and load the
5. Set the Samsung Galaxy Ace in Download Mode:
Turn the OFF the phone or remove the battery for a couple of seconds then put it back again. By pressing Volume Down+Power+ Middle buttons simultaneously the phone will then reboot into download mode.
7. Once the connection set up is okay, begin the flashing by hitting the 'Start' button.
It only takes around 4 to 5 minutes to complete, a progress bar on the left side of ODIN will show you the downloading progress. A word "PASS" will display once it finishes.
It's time to unplug the phone from PC, then do a factory data reset to clean all data caches and have a fresh firmware installed, you can do this by Recovery Mode button - Home + Power Button, then toggle on using the volume button and select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset or by typing this code *2767*3855#.
To check the newly installed firmware update - by typing *#1234#.
Change the default Russian language to your Region, go to settings and then locate the locale and text icon, then find your native language. You may then also often check out the Samsung Galaxy Ace stock ROM list for future firmware updates.