Here's the step by step guide on how to manually upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Tab Wifi Only GT-P1010 to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread build by way of using Odin multi-downloader tool and the Android 2.3.6 stock ROM P1010XXKPG with P1010XEUKPG CSC file. These procedures are way too little bit risky for beginners for it will run into a different stages in flashing and if you ever mess up, you are going to brick your device in no time which you find it enough hardly to recover.
As we know tweaking the Galaxy Tablets firmware is a little bit too risky compare to the typical Android Phones. So these procedure might will help you out to figure out on how to tweak your P1010 Wifi Tablet that only runs on 2.2.1 Froyo and if you want to dress it up into something perhaps a new look and a Gingerbread experience as well.
Disclaimer: Droidangel shall not be held responsible if something happens to your device for using these guides. Just proceed at your own risk.
Manual installation using P1010XXKPG stock ROM to upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab Wifi Only GT-P1010 to Gingerbread.
- To make your flashing goes smoothly you firstly need to have your device installed with P1010 Clockwork MOD recovery on it.. Big thanks to Skin1980 for getting us out to worry about bricking our Galaxy P1010 Tablets again. Install that CWM to get rid of brick.
- Back up all of important files or data stored from your device. You can perform a nandroid back up after you mount the CWM on it.
- Perform wiped data and cache from recovery.
- Make sure that the battery is fully charge or at least above 50%.
- Use PC/laptop runs on Windows or later OS.
- Install Kies on your PC to have the needed driver for your P1010 Tabs.
- A supplied USB cable for your Tab.
Grab the needed files:
- Stock ROM P1010XXKPG_P1010XEUKPG
- The Pit File P1wifi_20110128_r10_00.pit
- Odin downloader tool Odin3 v1.85.
Update: there are now two other latest Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware
P1010XXKPO (the most latest build)
CSC File: P1010XEUKPO
PIT File: P1WIFI
Android Version: 2.3.6 Gingerbread
Build Date: June 2012 Download
CSC File: P1010XEUKPI
Android Version: 2.3.6 Gingerbread
Build Date: January 2012 Download
1. Extract the downloaded P1010XXKPG stock ROM
2. Run Odin on your PC desktop.
- Tick the PIT button and select the P1wifi_20110128_r10_00.pit file
- Then the PDA button and load the P1010XXKPG_P1010XEUKPG_HOME.tar.md5
DO NOT CHECK THE RE-PARTITION checkbox. Only the Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time got on it.
3. Prepare your Galaxy Tab P1010 into download mode and then connect to PC.
- Turn Off your tablet or Remove the battery for a while then put it back again. Press and hold the POWER and VOLUME Down buttons while the phone is OFF.
- Then connect the device to PC when it displays a triangle with an Android robot digging with a shovel and word says "Downloading - do not turn off Target", Odin will indicate a word 'added' on the log screen and the ID:COM box will turn to yellow color.
4. Hit the 'Start' button to begin flashing.
DO NOT TOUCH the tablet while flashing still in progress, let the flashing completely finishes. It only takes just around 4 to 5 minutes - depends of your PC speed. A word "PASS" will display in ODIN once it
successfully completes. And then after it reboots you will then have the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware upgrade on your Galaxy Tab P1010
Do factory reset to get rid of bootloops.
Shut the device Off then press "vol.up + power" it will open a config menu,
select "wipe factory" with vol buttons and confirm with home menu button, then
select "wipe cache" same with volume buttons and confirm with home menu, then reboot..