The Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread firmware update for Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 finally leaks online. SamMobile.com recently announced and released the said firmware update for Galaxy Gio. The firmware build number is S5660XXKS2 with CSC file S5660OXXKS2 with build date as of September 2011.
This is the first Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread firmware update for Galaxy Gio since from the previous released of S5660XXKQG which is 2.3.4. Some changes of this update are fixes and minor improvements and looks identical from 2.3.4.
Here's the initial impression of the S5660XXKS2 came out on the basis of Android 2.3. 5 after successfully flash on Galaxy Gio.
1) Visual changes - The appearance is not changed, still the same status bar, the same will, in general, with the same as in previous version.
2) Interface - Here we can already catch a few changes. Effect of the circular paging desktops (that is, you can immediately with the latest desktop on the first pass). This fichu I've seen only on third-party launcher. For me, this feature has proved very convenient effect when paging vertical lists, Cyanogen mod. as for example in the settings or flipping up or down until it stops, then starts to glow screen in blue (as in Cyanogen mod). Here's a snapshot:
Comes out of sleep as well as on the last Baltic-3 (that is, if the wake-body and immediately pull the slide unlock, it will be 5.7 seconds observed brakes, but if you pull the slide at once, but after a second 3-4, then no brakes .) The interface was visually higher (again due to personal feelings).
3) Performance - 2.3.4. IMHO productivity increased slightly compared with 2.3.4.
Here are pictures:
Tested on a clean firmware
4) Media - In the media of any changes, too: the same gallery, the same music player. The only thing noticed is the fact that the video began to write better.
5) Energy consumption - While can not say anything, because I just installed the firmware.
6) Communications - No wi-fi, no GPS, I have not tested and therefore can not say anything (but there is feedback that the GPS is working properly, and not as typical Baltic-3)
7) Sensors - Compass works. Proximity sensor, with the same situation as in 2.3.4 (Baltic-3)
8) Stable Operation - No lockups, no reboot of all time use is not observed.
Conclusion: The major changes I discovered. Same speed, same performance as in the past 2.3.4. You decide yourself.
Images and review of S5660XXKS2 firmware by vutaluk1995 of 4PDA.ru.
S5660XXKS2 - (Europe)
Version: Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
Build date: September 2011
Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Russia and
other European languages is also included in this package.
You can grab the Samsung Galaxy Gio Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread S5660XXKS2 stock ROM via SamMobile.com download link.
The Password is - samfirmware.com.