Here's a brief guide on how to manually upgrade the Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread firmware update by using Odin tool. The firmware build use in this guide is the original S5830XWKS2 stock ROM which is pulled from Samsung official release via Kies server over Netherlands, see the S5830XWKS2 firmware details here.
Disclaimer: we are not responsible if anything happens to your device by using this method. Proceed at your risk.
Read carefully the whole instruction before proceeding, for safety and avoid bricking the phone.
To begin with the process, you may first:
- back up all of your important data, contacts, messages, applications installed or stored on the phone.
the SD memory card files will not be harmed.
- use a PC that runs on windows XP or later OS. Close any programs such anti-virus etc.
- remove the SD card and SIM card to avoid issues.
- make sure that the phones battery is at least around 50% or fully charge (fully recommended)
Prepare the necessary files for flashing:
Model: Samsung Galaxy S5830
Build number: S5830XWKS2
Version: Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
Build date: September 17, 2011
Download - pass: samfirmware.com
ODIN Multi Downloader v4.38
OPS File: COOPER.OPS DOWNLOAD
You may also see the list of latest firmware updates here.
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread S5830XWKS2 stock ROM flashing procedure:
1. Extract the previously downloaded S5830XWKS2_S5830XENKS1_S5830XWKS2.rar firmware packaged.
2. Run ODIN 4.38 exe downloader program.
3. On ODIN select the OPS button and load the Cooper_v1.0.ops file unto it.
Ensure that the Auto-Reboot and Protect OPS are checked.
4. Next, tick the One packaged checkbox, then at the lower part of Odin click on the One Packaged button then select and load the S5830XWKS2_S5830XENKS1_S5830XWKS2_HOME.tar.md5
5. Turn the phone OFF then switch it to DOWNLOAD MODE by pressing Volume Down+Power+ Middle buttons together. You will then see an android robot digging with a shovel on the LCD screen display..Then connect the Samsung Galaxy Ace to PC. on ODIN window a COM Port mapping will indicate and turn to color yellow if the device is already detected.
Once completed you will then see a word "PASS" with a blue background on ODIN. Then your Samsung Galaxy Ace will then reboot.
Remove the phone from PC, then do a factory data reset to clean all data caches and have a fresh firmware installed, you can do this by typing this code *2767*3855# or by Recovery Mode button - Home + Power Button, then toggle on using the volume button and select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset.