Here's another step by step guide on how to manually flash and install the Asian Firmware S5570ZSKPB with default language as Chinese on Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 that will finally update or upgrade to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread version. This method is by way of flashing the Stock ROM using Odin instead of Kies software downloader.
The firmware build S5570ZSKPB with S5570XXKPL CSC file is an Official Samsung Kies firmware updates for Asian versions of Galaxy Fit. This firmware comes in a single file packages so it will only need to have a copy of the OPS file and then the single .TAR.md5 file. Flashing a single file packages will not wipe all data stored on your Galaxy fit it's just like installing it using Kies, but just make back up all of important files as an extra precautionary measures since we are flashing firmware here.
Version: Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread
Released: August 20, 2011
the OPS file: TASS.OPS
and ODIN downloader program
You can check out the list of all the latest firmware updates of Samsung Galaxy mini here.
1) Extract or unzip/unrar the downloaded firmware. S5570ZSKPB_S5570OZSKPB_S5570XXKPL
2) Run Odin multi-downloader v4.38 tool.
3) - Click on the OPS button then select and load the TASS.OPS file.
- Check the ONE PACKAGE checkbox. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and Protect OPS are also
- Click on the One Packaged button then select and load the firmware packaged.
4) Re-boot the Samsung Galaxy Mini into Download Mode: Turn it Off then Press and hold the ( Volume Down + OK + Power )
5) Connect the phone to PC, after you see that the device is already set in downloading mode.
The COM:PORT mapping will show you a yellow indication if the device is already detected.
- then hit the "START" button to begin flashing the firmware.
6) Wait for a while and do not touch anything until the program will finish the downloading process. It just takes around a 2-5 minutes to complete depending on your computer speed. A word "PASS" will display on the left side square if the flashing successfully completes.
Once it finishes, the phone will then reboot, you may then remove it from the computer.
You can also confirm the newly installed firmware version name etc by typing *#1234# or through About Phone Info Settings. Then do a full reset by typing this Code *2767*3855# to get a fully fresh firmware update installed.