This is a direct and brief method flashing procedure using ODIN downloader tool.
Note: This ROM is for International version of Samsung Galaxy S with model code GT-I9000. Don't attempt to flash it with other variants other than GT-I9000, you may check your device version by navigating to about phone settings info first. This is a leaked version and some functionality issues may present and other enhancement and performance will also improved.
This guide are for advance users only, who already have once experience in flashing ROMs with Odin. Beginners can relate too, for the guides below is added with detailed stuff to make it a lot easier to follow., but we did not encourage you to do so.. Just proceed with extra precautions.
ODIN Flashing procedure Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread XXJVS on Samsung Galaxy S I9000
Do and prepare the following:
- Just make a back up of all your important data, contacts, messages, applications installed or stored on the phone.
- use a PC that runs on windows XP or later OS. Close any programs such anti-virus etc.
- remove the SD card and SIM card to avoid issues.
- make sure that the phones battery is fully charge or at least around 40-50%.
- USB cable to PC
1) Download the firmware then extract it in one folder.
Samsung Galaxy S I9000
Version: Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
Regions: for Europe and International Galaxy S version see the languages available here.
2) Prepare ODIN Downloader Tool v1.7 Download this version. Extract it and then run on your PC desktop.
3) Turn your Samsung Galaxy S off., Then boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time.You will eventually see a picture like the one below with black Android robot digging within a triangle.
4) Connect your Galaxy S with your computer, the ID:COM box will turn to a yellow colour and a message "added" in the box is an indication that the phone is connected to the PC properly. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer. Now if you already ensure that the phone is detected by ODin proceed to step 5.
5) On ODIN click the PIT button then load the 1_odin_20100512.pit file.
Ensure to check the RE_ PARTITION, AUTO-REBOOT and F.RESET TIME checkboxes option.
6) Now load the necessary binary files PDA, PHONE and CSC.
Click the PDA button then select and load:
Click the PHONE button then select and load:
Click the CSC button then select and load:
see the image below it should be shown like that.
7) Once all set and ready, Hit the "START" button to begin installing the firmware.
8) Just wait until the whole process completes it will take around 5 minutes, DO NOT TOUCH OR REMOVE the device while in flashing mode. You will eventually see a word "PASS" on ODIN when the flashing finishes. The phone will auto-reboot, once rebooted unplugged it from PC.
The phone will then reboot once the firmware flashing finishes. Do Wipe data or factory reset by holding down the VOLUME UP, Home and POWER button, then select
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe Cache partition
Reboot system now
Full Reset Code
You may then confirm the Downloaded Firmware Version
Go to Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version
or by typing