Sprint recently releases the update firmware for Samsung Transform subscribers that fixes error message when trying to update the PRL or Data Profile on the phone. This latest update is an enhancement and fixes from previous Android 2.2 Froyo EB28 version. The Software version is labeled: S:M920.06 S.EF09
This update will roll out for around 4 days until it will completely reaches all Sprint Samsung Trasform users. The downloading time will take around 5 minutes to complete. So to those who has Sprint Samsung transform in hand can try to check the if the update doesn't pop-up on the screen (Auto-Initiated).
Update your software (Auto-Initiated):
Software will be automatically downloaded to your phone
1. A system update screen will prompt the user to 'install now' or 'install later'
If 'install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update
If 'install now' is selected, the phone will power off and back on to complete the software update
Check for Updates Manually
1. From the Home screen, press Menu, then tap Settings
2. Flick up to scroll down, then tap About Phone
3. Tap System Updates
4. Tap Update Firmware, Update Android or Update PRL
5. The following message will display: Checking for software update. Please wait.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install updates 7. You may need to power your phone off and back on to complete the update.
You may visit Sprint for full support and instruction guides.