Here's a step by step guide on how to manually upgrade the Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread S5570XXKPJ. This firmware is the full packaged of the latest official KIES update (Europe Version), that has been packed into stock ROM and can be flash by using ODIN tool. This can be used from those who are having bad times updating their Samsung Galaxy Mini devices via KIES update.
This may also work if having already used or flashed the phone from previous 2.3.4 Gingerbread leaked S5570XXKPI Stock ROM. Well' this one will absolutely better than XXKPI since it is only a leaked version but this one is packed from official KIES OTA update.
Note: this ROM is for EUROPEAN version only, if you will try to flashed it like ASIAN version, there is a possibility of some function problem issues (but not tried it).
Firmware details after upgrade:
Baseband version: S5570XXKPJ
Kernel version: 22.214.171.124-perf-cl312181se.infra@SEL-07#1
Build number: Gingerbread.XXKPJ
There's no major changes, almost just like what it was from the previous version. Just better stability, couple of icons changed and unexpectedly the battery lasts longer.
Disclaimer: We are not liable if anything happens to your device, you may understand that you are doing this is at your risk.. Don't follow this procedure if you don't understand what this is all about.
How to install or flash S5570XXKPJ firmware on Samsung Galaxy Mini using ODIN:
Download the firmware samfirmware.com:
S5570XXKPJ (CSC - S5570SERKPJ)the OPS file: TASS.OPS
and ODIN downloader program
You may need to register at samfirmware if you are not a member, then navigate in TOOLBOX>FIRMWARE> FW ANDROID> then click on Samsung S5570 Galaxy Mini and scroll down where you can download the S5570XXKPJ packaged.
- PC with Windows XP SP2 or later
- .Net Framework 2.0 or later
- Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570
- USB to Micro-USB PC data cable
This procedure will not wipe all your pre-installed application on the device since this is a single packaged, so NO WIPE will happen.
1) Extract or unzip/unrar the downloaded firmware. S5570XXKPJ_S5570XXKPJ_S5570SERKPJ_HOME
2) Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Mini. Remove your SIM Card and SD Card, (for beginners just to avoid any issues)
3) Run Odin multi-downloader v4.38 tool.
4) - Click on the OPS button then select and load the TASS.OPS file.
- Check the ONE PACKAGE checkbox. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and Protect OPS are also
- Click on the One Packaged button then select and load the firmware packaged.
( Volume Down + OK + Power )
6) The COM:PORT mapping will show you a yellow indication if the device is already detected. Connect the phone to PC, after you see that the device is already set in downloading mode.
- Once all set perfectly, then hit the "START" button to begin flashing the firmware.
Once successfully completes, the phone will then reboot, you may then remove it from the computer.
You may then change the default language according to your locale or region..
You can also confirm the newly installed firmware version name etc by typing *#1234# or through About Phone Info Settings. That's it...