Here's a simple guide on how to manually update Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to latest Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread firmware using flashtool.
How to Update Xperia X10 to Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread
Method 1 by monteiro-ribas
1) Download this firmware in here:
2) Download FlashTool from here:
3) put the firmware inside Flashtool in the firmware folder!
4) Turn off the phone, press flash button in the Flashtool and connect usb cable holding BACK button of the phone.... phone should be installing 2.1 firmware..
5) Finally, reboot your phone... connect to Sony Ericsson PC Companion 2.0 and update to firmware 2.3.3
Gingerbread need to download and use PC Companion software to automatically download and easily install the 2.3.3 update. Once downloaded, simply install and follow on-screen instruction to grab Android 2.3.3 up and running on your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10.
Method 2 by wesvista
To update directly to official Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread just flash the ftf with flashtool
link below. This may takes up around 10 minutes to update.
2.3 ftf tested safe should work on X10i and X10a
Key Features of 2.3.3 Gingerbread Update for SE Xperia X10
- App Tray Sorting.
- Music player with equalizer.
- Integrated Facebook Inside Xperia
- Users will be able to use the phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- USB Tethering to share 3G data via the USB connector.
- Addition of Photo Widget – one click access to gallery app.
Since this is the official ROM everything should work, but here is a list of things i did.
- Camera works, 8mp stills and 720p video
- Wifi works - downloaded amazon app store etc.
- Flash works, downloaded flash 10.3 from the market and kongregate works.
- Pinch zoom works. Well you know sonys work around.
- So far so good. Phone is working.
Visit our discussion thread here to get support and detailed info from other Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 users: