Thus, who aren't touch their devices like rooting and may only update via Kies. You can follow the official support page from Samsung on how to get this update http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQ
Manually Update using the original stock ROM I777UCLCK3
Just grab the neceessary files below and read the simple step by step procedure.
- Makes sure the battery is fully charge
- Back-up all important files stored from the device
Odin Flasher Odin3_v1.85
USB Driver: Download
Stock ROM: SGH-I777_ATT_ I777UCLK3_I777ATTLK3 Download
- Extract or unzip the contents of the zip file in your computer or laptop
- Run Odin
- Now Enter the device into Download Mode:
With the phone powered off, plug in the usb cable while holding the vol up + vol down buttons (but not the power button).
- When the warning screen appears, press Volume up to continue into download mode.
- In Odin, the small edit box in the upper left corner will turn yellow, and say something like [0:COM8]. The number could be different.
- Click on PDA button the load the I777UCLK3_I777ATTLK3_I777UCLK3_HOME.tar.md5
- Click Odin's "Start" button.
- Watch the progress bar advance in green while the message box in the lower area describes the steps.
- When the flash is finished, the top left larger edit box will turn green and say PASS! and your phone will automatically reboot.
- Unplug the usb cable from you phone after it boots up.
- Success. You're Bone Stock.
If your phone enters a bootloop, enter into recovery mode and perform a wipe data/factory reset.